Apr 4, 2012

Kissing Frogs

One of the girls in Sex and the City once said „You really do have to kiss a few frogs before finding the prince“. But what if I‘m fed up with kissing frogs instead of The Guy? What if I don‘t want to kiss any more slimy, lying, cheating or simply not-for-me guys? Is it wrong for me to say I don‘t want to have relationships that lead nowhere? Should I be more thankful for having relationships, even if they are dead ends?

Sometimes, when I'm once again single I phantasize about having a boyfriend, being in his arms, sharing meals, looking forward to coming home to him after work. All that without thinking he'd be The Guy. All I want in those moments is someone to comfort me when I'm sad, someone to be there for me, when I need him.
In other moments I dream of being one of those happy princesses that only have to kiss one frog that will turn into a charming prince and they will be happy ever after.
And then there are those days where I think, what the hell do I need a boyfriend for? I can have fun with whoever I want, I don't need to stay with one guy for the rest of my life, do I? I don't need a husband to support me, I can get help whenever I need it. All I have to do is pick up the phone and call one of my friends.

However, reality is different. There is no exact recipe for getting either dream of mine. At times it's just so exhausting to never know how to get exactly what I want. How to proceed so I won't get my heart broken again.
Whatever I do, how much I think about it, I guess we'll have to kiss a few more frogs before one of them turns into Prince Charming.

Xoxo, try not to break the frogs hearts! After all, what seems to be a frog to you, might be Prince Charming for another girl!

1 comment:

  1. amazing post!
    I really love it!!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts, thanks for leaving a comment!