Jun 25, 2014

Keeping a diary

Ever since I was 11 or 12 I have kept a diary. My diary is like my very own biography with gaps - and a little (or very) subjective. At times I wrote down my thoughts every day, at times I haven't written a single word in months. I think, the longest time I didn't use my diary were about 8 months.

Rereading my diary always feels like living my life again. It makes me feel sad, happy, excited - whatever feeling I had at the time. I have always used my diary as some kind of therapy to cope with thoughts and feelings. To me, writing my thoughts down equals pouring my heart out to someone in person. It's like my thoughts become clearer, calmer and less overwhelming.

Writing my diary is a way to calm myself down, to motivate myself, to sort things out.

I know, that a lot of people keep diaries, but I've never thought about the reasons they might have. Do you keep a diary, and why? What are your reasons?

Xoxo, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts, thanks for leaving a comment!